Pages

Sunday, March 22, 2020

Life Lately




Happy Sunday! I hope you are well, hunkered in with a human or pet you love and trusting that our World will eventually be restored.  It is hard to believe that it's only been 11 days since our Washington State Governor mandated that groups over 250 could not gather; causing churches, schools, concerts, and sports to screech to a halt.  On March 15 all gyms, restaurants, and bars closed. The phrases "flatten the curve" and "social distancing" became common in our vocabulary. The numbers continue climbing, people are falling ill and dying, and the country of Italy is the epicenter of the Pandemic.

I've been sheltered in place for practically the whole month. The last time I gathered with friends was the first Tuesday of March. My traveling husband came back from a business trip to New Jersey with a cold and shared his germs with me. Not wanting to compromise anyone else's health or be more susceptible to the virus, I've stayed home except to drive to Target pick-up or to take Sydney on her daily walk.


Besides Target, we've done a couple orders from Amazon and used pick-up at Fred Meyer grocery. My husband has done a couple run-ins to small stores for a few items. Since I am officially over 60 I might do the early shop for seniors tomorrow.

I have seen my youngest daughter and grandbaby a couple times because they too have stayed away from others. This baby girl is the best entertainment there is!


Here's what I've been up to lately:
In the kitchen:
I love to bake, and even though I shouldn't be eating many carbohydrates that seems to be what I'm creating in the kitchen. I tried my hand at homemade French bread, whipped up an apple pie on 3/14 for "Pi Day," and I'm currently baking chocolate chip cookies. Don't judge.



Watching:
I binged on a new Netflix series called Virgin River and can't wait for the second season. Each night we enjoy several episodes of Father Brown. (Also on Netflix but only until March 31. Boo!) There is a new show on HGTV called "Unsellable" and it features twin sisters up North of Seattle. I love their finished product.


Reading:
I start every morning with my Lysa TerKeurst devotional, Embraced, then I do the "2020 Lent, His Love Endures" on my SHE READS TRUTH app.

The last book I enjoyed before our library closed was a Jenny Colgan novel called The Endless Beach. It's hard to find available books on our library app, so I'm splurging and looking on Amazon.

Friday night I finished The Nantucket Inn by Pamela M. Kelley and I've been making a list of books I'd like to get for my Kindle.

Knitting:
Some special young women that are friends with my daughters are expecting which gives me a reason to stay busy knitting some newborn baby hats.

A project I'm avoiding:
I have set up a table downstairs and dragged in the bins of photo boxes and albums I need to go through. As of today, I still haven't started. Perhaps when the rain returns this week I'll be ready to dive in. 36 years of marriage + 4 kids=LOTS of photos and most of them are poor quality!

Diffusing:
I love my essential oils! I was given a Young Living starter kit and diffuser for my end-of-summer birthday, and every morning I get it going right after I get my Keurig going. My favorites are orange, lemon, grapefruit, rosemary, eucalyptus, lavender and stress relief. An order is on the way, and then I will let you know if I indeed re-created the scent of the Anthropologie candle I adore.

Walks:
I'm thankful we've had a break in the rain and quite a bit of sunshine here in the PNW. It has made getting outdoors for my daily walk even more delightful. I'm glad we're still allowed to leave our homes to get out in the fresh air! I can choose to walk through the woods, on a trail, through a neighborhood, or downtown near the water. How lucky am I? I especially feel peaceful when I'm in the forest across the street or looking across the water at Mt. Rainier.



"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, a conviction of things not seen."
 Hebrews 11:1


I know Mt. Rainier is there whether I can see it or not, and God is with us even though there is a lot of fear in our world right now. Years ago I wrote another blog post called "Seeing is Believing." 

I appreciate seeing (reading) about how God is working through His people during the pandemic.
I found this faith article that talked about so many good things going on in the world right now. 

What have you been up to? I'd love some good fiction book recommendations. Stay well, and thank you for taking the time to read "See Jane Learn!" 

In His Grip, 
Jane


"Pleasant words are a honeycomb, Sweet to the soul and healing to the bones."
Proverbs 16:24

No comments:

Post a Comment