Pages

Saturday, August 19, 2017

5 Favorites For Saturday...


Happy Weekend Friends! Summer is winding down here in the PNW and local schools start back on August 30th. As a former teacher, and Mom of three teachers, I know how much work it takes to prepare a classroom and lessons. Sending up prayers for all students, their parents and faculty; from Preschool age up through College!

I wasn't able to post yesterday so here's my list of favorites a day late:

1. Favorite Local Gift Shop: besides Charlie Barnes Kids, where I work...
I spied the adorable mug in the photo above at one of my favorite gift stores in Tacoma called Compass Rose. If you've never been, go! It's in the Procter District. I often wish I could Text Thor and tell him to COME HOME FOR BEDTIME!

2. Favorite New-to-me Beauty Product:
When I had my facial a couple weeks ago, my Esthetician told me I needed to use a gentle exfoliant three times a week. I found one that smells delicious, is gentle, affordable and all-natural. Fruit enzymes are good for skin too!
3. Favorite Sort-of-Healthy Snack:
Since finishing the Whole 30 program, I've continued to be mindful about what I eat. I saw the Kettle Avocado Oil and Himalayan Salt Potato Chips and gave them a try. Yum! When you want a salty treat, try these!

4. Favorite Inexpensive Find (Especially for Chi Omegas!)
My college sorority symbol was owls, (CHI OMEGA FRATERNITY) and I still love them. I found a $9.00 owl top on the SHEIN website and it is as cute as it looks in the picture. I decided to send it to the dry cleaner like the tag recommended. They have some other fun owl products too. I need to give a shout out to my undergraduate chapter at Ball State. Phi Epsilon was given national recognition as a Chapter of Excellence! Way to go Sisters!!


5. Favorite Worship Song:
Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night and a song is in my head. This is one of those songs... "O Come to the Alter" by Elevation Worship from their album entitled "Here as in Heaven." Such a great message and beautiful tune!

As always, thanks for stopping by and reading SJL and remember to extend love and grace to those around you.

In His Grip,
xo Jane


No comments:

Post a Comment