Pages

Friday, January 20, 2017

5 Favorites for Friday


Happy Friday Friends! Here's what I'm loving right now:

1. My "one" word:
I'm glad I chose the word NOW, to focus on this year.  I have gotten SO much done in the last three weeks due to being intentional and not procrastinating. I'm eating healthier, getting myself to the YMCA or around the block, and my house is getting tidier. You can read why I chose my word (NOW) and more about choosing a word on the post I wrote here a couple weeks ago.

2. Podcasts:
Lately I've been tuning into LPL (Living Proof Live) podcasts that were recorded by the bible teacher Beth Moore. Just put the app on your phone, plug in earbuds, and get inspired while you exercise or do chores. I have learned a TON from her bible studies and she challenges me to dig deeper into understanding God. I forget where my husband heard this quote but when I tell him things I'm learning he often replies with a "well if Beth Moore said it, Jesus agrees with it." He can be a smarty pants. If you've done one of Beth's studies, which was your favorite? I loved Esther and Believing God.

3. Product membership:
I signed up to be part of the Grove Collaborative. This company sells affordable and effective natural products for the home. I joined during a promotional week so I got some free products in a cute white caddy. I chose some Mrs. Meyers kitchen soap and Method bathroom cleaners and dishwasher tabs. I get to decide how often I receive a shipment and I like that it's a small company and a Certified B Corp. Maybe in the future I'll try some laundry detergent or beauty products. 

It's probably a good thing to have a box arrive on my doorstep rather than wander the aisles of Target since items not on my list often jump into my cart. 
If you want to try out Grove Collaborative, please use my referral code. Thanks! https://www.grove.co/referrer/252903/

4. Anthropologie Scent:
Friends, I am OBSESSED with the Capri Blue scent of Volcano. I looked up what the fragrance actually is: Volcano: tropical fruits, sugared oranges, lemons and limes, redolent with lightly exotic mountain greens. I guess it's the closest thing to a trip to Hawaii I'm going to have! I adore the candles that I can buy in mercury glass, my sweet daughter gave me the hand lotion for Christmas, and I bought the diffuser for my foyer table. Yay! Now when people walk in my front door it smells good instead of like a 1970's remodeled house. I need to purchase another one for our master bedroom. I highly recommend it!

5. Trader Joe's Find:
There are so many fun things to discover at Trader Joe's. On Wednesday my hair appointment had to be rescheduled (ignore my roots for a few weeks please,) so I headed over the bridge  to run errands since I had a little free time. I brought home a little Herb Garden for my kitchen counter. It's a good thing to have green life in the room, it smells good and is very useful! I have Rosemary, Thyme and Sage growing outside, but it's been SO wet that they aren't doing great. The potted mini-garden was priced at just under $7 so it's an affordable surprise to bring home.

Since the Presidential inauguration is today, I'm tuning in a bit this morning. This is the closest our country has to the pomp and circumstance of England. It's interesting to see what the First Lady wears, watch the faces of the people in the crowd, and PRAY that since Mr. President Trump will be laying his hand on two bibles that he indeed will ask for God's help to lead our great (hurting and divided) country. Please join me in praying!

I urge, then, first of all, that petitions, prayers, intercession and thanksgiving be made for all people—for kings and all those in authority, that we may live peaceful and quiet lives in all godliness and holiness. This is good, and pleases God our Savior…” -1 Timothy 2:1-3 

We won't be cheering on the Seahawks this weekend since we lost to Atlanta, but I have a fun baby shower and friend's birthday party to attend so I'm looking forward to the next two days. Plus, my man is home!

What are you loving right now? Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by "See Jane Learn!"

In His Grip,
xo Jane

Can you imagine the scurrying happening at the White House today to move one First family out and the new family in?...

No comments:

Post a Comment