I'm linking up with Emily P. Freeman at Chatting at the Sky. Here's what I learned in June, 2015:
1. Marriage and weddings are on my mind, and so is a new song. Yep, since my son, child #3, is planning an October wedding this Mother of the Groom is having fun listening to their plans for their special day. Of course I'm also scoping out Pinterest for ideas and checking out books from the library. What I REALLY appreciate, is that my son and his fiancé are aware that they are also planning for their marriage~all the days that follow day one as husband and wife.
All around me there are SO many couples separating and divorcing and struggling. (Even Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck are splitting. Sad!) I'm sure they weren't thinking about that possibility when they were planning their weddings. Marriage is wonderful...but hard! Without including God into the relationship that He invented it seems impossible...
Casting Crowns has a new song out that I love called "Broken Together." Listen and I think you'll love it too.
3. My favorite new "genre" of music is called Yacht Rock. No we can't afford a yacht like some people in our age group that the genre was created for, but the music is great. Everything 1970's is coming back in style, even the music!
4. I've been to 35 of the 50 states. I took that test you might have seen on Facebook. It's fun to see all the places I've been (or at least driven through.) Here are the 15 I hope to visit someday: Alaska, Connecticut, Delaware, Louisiana, Maine, Mississippi, North Carolina, North Dakota, Vermont, Virginia, South Carolina, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania, Virginia, Rhode Island. The Carolina's and the upper East Coast states are on my wish list to see first. How many states have you been to?
5. There have been a lot of Christians talking about the Supreme Court Decision and this wonderful response is my favorite. It's written by Kristen from We are THAT Family. I love her heart, ideas and passion for helping others.
6. Our area now has the K-love radio station on 104.5 F.M. I missed it when we returned from Chicago! Yesterday I heard the disc jockey on K-Love mentioning the Veggie Burger at Burger King so I tried it. I'm more of a Carnivore, but since I'm attempting to eat healthier I gave it a try and it was not bad!
7. It doesn't always rain in the Northwest in June. The golfers and spectators that came here for the Chamber's Bay U.S. Open Tournament experienced hot, sunny weather. It was a long, hard, hilly course with zero shade. Maybe the venue wasn't super popular, but I believe the Nation saw how beautiful our area is. We didn't have tickets to attend, but enjoyed seeing our former Fox Island neighborhood on T.V. and seeing all the private planes at our local airport.
What did you learn in June?
In His Grip,
Thanks for stopping by See Jane Learn!