- I have a personal assistant, live-in nurse, cook & bartender and groundskeeper. His name is Michael and he takes very good care of me.
- My entry is guarded. OK, it's my puppy-dog Sydney. She does a great job!
- The weather here has been sunny and hot. Maybe I'm really in Los Angeles on a Harbor "set?"
- I've been signing a lot of autographs. Do birthday cards and graduation cards count?
- A professional washed my hair Saturday. I couldn't get my bandage wet so my "personal assistant" took me to our salon around the corner. Having someone else wash your hair is the BEST!
- People flew into town to visit me. A new friend from Tennessee and my son from Spokane!
- My city put on a festival just for me! Due to our downtown location, I could hear the music and boats honking during the weekend's Maritime Festival. It FELT like it was just for my enjoyment!
- Even though deer have not been spotted since we moved in from Fox Island last September, one came all the way to check on me yesterday! She respected my privacy and stayed at a distance.
- I have a professional make-up artist on "stand-by." Yes sweet Inga, I will most likely need you when my sutures come off and stitches come out...
- I must be playing the part of a princess because I spent a lot of time trying to get comfy in bed with peas.
- When I go out in public (rarely) I wear a hat and dark glasses to stay "incognito." I also throw off the paparazzi by driving an unknown car. Or...I might have loaned our convertible to my son and his finance so they could have a fun drive up to Vancouver, B.C.
All valid reasons to believe I might be famous, right? I decided it's more fun to pretend I'm famous, then to wallow in self-pity since I look like I have a pig-nose. Have you watched the 2006 movie, Penelope?
It's a fact that we often believe what we dwell on. Self-talk can be helpful or harmful. I'm trying to believe that the inner-package really is more important than what is on the outside, although I am way more vain than I even thought I was.
God's word has lots of good reminders for me (and any of us) who are feeling a little insecure in our identity.
"Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things." Colossians 3:2
"We are God’s temple." I Cor. 3:16
"Our purpose is that our lives might bring praise to the glory of Christ." Ephesians 1:12
"We were chosen by God." Ephesians 1:11
"Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God." John 1:12
What is your mind telling you lately? We need to remember that you and I are sons and daughters of the KING!
In His Grip,
Thanks for stopping by See Jane Learn!