Pages

Monday, March 11, 2013

Monday Moments From the Weekend


Photo source:http://www.crescent-news.com/editors%20pick/2013/03/11/holy-hoosiers-iu-wins-big-ten

This is my Monday weekend recap and even if I'm now a Northwest girl, since I was born and raised a Hoosier I must give a shout out to I.U. for winning the Big Ten Championship! I love March Madness!

We squeezed in a lot of activity here as empty nesters on the corner: This Mama needed a change of scenery so I joined Mr. C. on a business Trip to Portland. We saw good friends, and stayed at a downtown Hilton. It had a beautiful lobby and a yummy breakfast buffet.


                                              While Mike had hospital meetings, I explored the city. On the drive home we made a quick stop at Ikea to replace a rug that had endured a candle accident. (It was too big a stain to attempt the iron/paper bag trick.) We might be the only people I know that can get in and out of Ikea in less than 15 minutes.

One member of the family wasn't so happy about our road trip. Sydney spent 24 hours at Bed, Bark and Beyond and even though she had "friends" and 3 acres to run on, she still missed us! She keeps looking at me as if to say, “Why Mommy?”

Saturday was sunny and Tigger enjoyed every minute of soaking up the rays.

While Mr.C. golfed I cleaned, and attempted to make homemade moss balls. This did NOT go well
Lesson Learned: I should have Googled instructions. Or better yet it would have been worth the $10 to buy them at Target.

Champagne-in-a-can roasted chicken for dinner? Yes please. It was quite tasty.

Our sermon at church yesterday was about Jesus being our good shepherd and our Pastor had a real prop! “I am the good shepherd; I know my own sheep, and they know me, just as my Father knows me and I know the Father.” John 10:14
We participated in a 5K to help the refugees in Burma. Our church started the Run for Burma 10 years ago and now it's an international event. We did a combo of walking and “running” but combine that with hills and this old fluffy body of mine is wondering why I didn't train more...

Our weekend ended with good friends coming over for dinner. We served our famous enchiladas. Forgot to take a picture because we were too busy gobbling them up! 

What did you do on your first weekend of Daylight Savings Time?

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment