Pages

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Shattered


My heart breaks for the families and community of Newtown, Connecticut.

I’m sure the children and adults thought they’d be safe on a Friday morning at Sandy Hook elementary school. Then came the horrific sounds and later they saw what had happened. A community, shattered

I used to teach first grade, kindergarten and preschool. I LOVE children! All I can offer are prayers for comfort.  I believe in the promise that “God comforts the brokenhearted.” Psalm 34:18

Out of sorts and filled with disbelief over the tragedy in Connecticut I had yelled at God as I walked around my quiet neighborhood. Why did this happen? God "spoke" to my heart and said he also wept and has experienced the pain of losing a child. He knows firsthand about EVIL and that's why he sent Jesus to save a broken world.

Later I was unpacking my Christmas china. Then I heard the unmistakable sound and saw the pieces. I thought they’d be safe. They were bubbled wrapped. My beautiful Spode platter and a couple plates given to us by my In-laws were broken and shattered into pieces. 

I yelled several naughty words and then my husband and I both thought of the same thing at the same time. 
In light of the shattered lives, broken china is not a big deal-it’s replaceable.

I join our country and the world mourning for the precious children and caring adults who lost their lives last week in an unspeakable tragedy as their families grieve.  May we not live in fear and all cling to the hope that is found in Jesus.  

Christmas is coming and love wins.

In His Grip, Jane


1 comment: