Pages

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, November 1, 2011

Outside my window... sunshine and high 40’s. It was really foggy earlier this morning.

I am thinking...about my Mother-in-law, Cynthia. She passed away on this day back in 1990. Too soon...

I am thankful for
...the bible study I am a part of at my church. We’re going through Acts; great teaching, homework, discussions, small group time.

From the kitchen
...I made "Calamity Jane" Cowboy Caviar for the Halloween party last night-it was a big hit. I was dressed up as Calamity Jane all day.

I am wearing...tan Gap cords, a white blouse, my H & M rust wrap sweater and pearls in shades of orange. I love fall!

I am praying...that I'll make good decisions that allow my checkbook balance to stretch farther. It's getting difficult to keep up with all our expenses;a house, an apartment here, plane tickets, tuition, car payments, yada, yada, yada. I found a new blog that is encouraging called Blue Chateau Interiors. It's one more tool to help me be a good steward of all God has given us.

I am going…to take a walk in the sunshine in a little while, after I catch up on some writing.

I am reading...Little Black Dress, by Susan McBride

I am hoping... we figure out where we’re going on Thanksgiving –my husband is coming. Yay!

I am hearing...chewing. I’m enjoying a leftover mini-cupcake from yesterday’s luncheon.

Around the house
… time to flip my calendar to November and pack away the 3 Halloween decorations I have here in this apartment. Back at my home in Illinois I hope I can direct my husband, son and daughter-in-law on how to switch from Halloween to Thanksgiving decorations. (Maybe I’m being unrealistic. Maybe I shouldn’t care since I’m not there. Guess I’m hoping when I return in early December that the jack-o-lanterns and crows are not still around the house.)

One of my favorite things
…bright red and orange Maple trees.

A few plans for the rest of the week
: meeting my girlfriend for coffee, studying the life of Phillip,taking part in a Mops Mentor panel, attending a baby shower and working at a wedding reception.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing...
(My daughter raised $200 for the Susan B. Komen organization by holding a bucket at a home football game.) Thanks for your generosity Tides fans!


To join the fun, visit Peggy at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment