Pages

Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Terrific Tuesday: The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY, August 23, 2011
Outside my window...we're having a thunderstorm and it's raining hard. Good thing I pulled the car out and put the top up on my husband’s convertible before it started to pour.

I am thinking
... about how much FUN I had in Chicago yesterday with my friend.

I am thankful for
... my time being “home” in Glen Ellyn this summer.

From the kitchen...after I go to the grocery; tacos tonight, steak & corn on the cob tomorrow, whatever my college boy wants on Thursday and Friday it’s my birthday so dinner out?!

I am wearing
...distressed jeans from Forever 21 and a patterned top I’ve had forever.

I am creating
... hopefully a tidy home and lists.

I am going…to get my hair done-yay!

I am reading...More Than Words, Stories of Courage by Susan Wiggs, Sharon Sala and Emilie Richards.

I am hoping
... my doggie Sadie doesn’t go to Heaven this week. She’s barely eating and is going downhill fast. The Vet thinks she has a tumor on her spleen and we’re just taking it day by day before we have to “make a decision”.

I am hearing
...my son's music on his Mac, thunder, my dog pacing.

Around the house
… I am NOT looking forward to going down to the basement to do laundry. Due to the remodel on the house next door that sat empty for five years, we’ve had two mice come in the basement!!!!

One of my favorite things
…laughing with a friend so hard that we cry.

A few plans for the rest of the week
: cleaning, errands, spoiling my sick doggie, catching up with my daughter-in-law when she gets back from her trip to Colorado Springs, taking T.J. to the dentist, dinner out, celebrating my birthday, packing,and flying back to Washington for the school year.

Here is picture for thought I am sharing
...

(My oldest & youngest before Sarah left to fly back for her senior year-and our sweet dog Sadie.)

To join the fun, visit Peggy at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

Thanks for reading!

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment