Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, July 18th, 2011

Outside my window
... it’s hazy, humid and HOT-about 97 degrees.

I am thinking... about T.J. getting his braces off today. Yay! He didn’t like being the only college student in braces. I know he’ll look great!!

I am thankful for...POWER, friends in Gig Harbor who are feeding my two youngest this week and letting them spend the night over the weekend, lots of time with my man Michael.

From the kitchen...last night we had patty melts on the grill,corn on the cob and homemade carrot cake (Mike's b-day cake a week late). Tonight we’re having BBQ chicken, asparagus and peaches.

I am wearing.
..blue shorts, tank top, hair in a pony, flip flops (guess it’s my summer uniform).

I am creating... a menu list for the week.

I am going…to Ikea tomorrow to return some things and possibly buy a rug for our bedroom like the one I saw on the Vintage Revival: Epic Room Makeover blog.

I am reading...The Postmistress by Sarah Blake. I also got the nonfiction book entitled Calm My Anxious Heart by Linda Dillow back out. I need to be reminded to be content in all my circumstances.

I am hoping... my doggie Sadie is OK. She’s 12 ½ and seems to be declining in health rapidly. She didn’t eat her breakfast until noon (VERY unlike her), has been barking for no reason, and can’t hear much.

I am hearing
...construction banging (the house next door is being remodeled from the ground up) and K-Love on the radio.

Around the house…
I need to bring my Shark up and mop the wood floors and we’re going to paint the pantry door with chalkboard paint.

Some of my favorite things
…LORE’AL double extend mascara (it is SO easy to remove and looks great too) and Pomegranate martinis (we enjoyed some on Swanky Saturday in Naperville).

A few plans for the rest of the week: rearrange the kids bedrooms (getting the green room cleared out and ready for when my oldest son Mitch and his wife Amy who move in next month for the year and the tan room ready for T.J. who comes back Saturday for a month), riding my new bike, planting flowers, attending a progressive wine-tasting with the Newcomer’s group and welcoming home T.J. & Sarah Saturday night.

The owner of the bike shop let me exchange my bike for a smaller frame. It should be in Wednesday. I think I'll name her Violet. Mike got a bike too!

Here is picture for thought I am sharing
...

(Construction on the house next door. It was on the market 5 years! Finally a contractor bought it and is remodeling it. One of the mice who probably lived in the vacant house ended up dead in my basement-gross & thanks Tigger!)

To join the fun, visit Peggy at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/

In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment