Pages

Monday, July 25, 2011

It's a New Week! The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY, July 25th, 2011
Outside my window... it’s pretty and wasn’t too hot for me to sit outside for my quiet time and coffee!
I am thinking...it’s wonderful to have two of my four kids home and I’m praying for Norway. (My grandma was the only one of her family born in the USA-I have Norwegian roots.)
I am thankful for... Sadie our dog surviving a seizure of some sort Saturday night-we’re worried, she’s definitely going downhill fast.
From the kitchen
...I need to clean and cut up all the veggies I bought for my daughter & husband’s low-carbohydrate, hi-protein diet, and make my son cookies. Tonight we’re having tacos/taco salad.
I am wearing...my cheetah robe over summer jammies.
I am creating...window treatments for the basement.
I am going…to get my son & daughter-in-law’s 1st anniversary card in the mail.
I am reading...Summer by the Sea by Susan Wiggs
I am hoping... my kids enjoy their month here "at home” in Illinois.
I am hearing...lots of noise from next door-they cut down tree branches that were too close to the new roof on the remodel.
Around the house… evidence that my two youngest are home; shoes, cell phones, nail polish, clothes on the floor.
One of my favorite things…driving slowly around town in the convertible after dinner with Mike admiring the beautiful, huge, old homes.
A few plans for the rest of the week: get my kids a month membership to the YMCA, buy pool passes, go see the Winnie the Pooh movie, continue on some house projects, and maybe go to book club even though I didn’t read the book.
Here are a couple pictures for thought I am sharing...


(Mike and I with our girls outside of the Mongolian Grill in Gig Harbor-it was the last time I got to see Allie before she takes off for Costa Rica.)

(T.J. being goofy and showing off his new braceless smile.)

To join the fun, visit Peggy at: http://thesimplewomansdaybook.blogspot.com/
In His Grip, Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment