Pages

Monday, November 22, 2010

I Must Be Getting Older


OK, it’s time I accept I’m getting older.
I did turn 51 in August...

Here is my list of ten reasons why I think I’m growing up:

10.I totally didn’t hear what the woman’s name was as she introduced herself
at church.
9. I’ve started putting blueberries on my cereal.
8. I wake up at least twice every night.
7. Most of the women in my newcomer’s book club have babies.
6. In my old teaching boxes I found “dittos”.
5. The stylist got a bit scissor-happy with my hair and I’m only a LITTLE bit
sad.
4. My neck scares me in the mirror.
3. I’m old enough to be the mom of most professional athletes and hot actors.
2. I look down at my hands and they look suspiciously like my mother’s
1. I need my readers on TOP of my contacts.

They say with age comes wisdom, so I’m hoping that’s true. At least I can rest in the knowledge that as time passes and I grow older, God will be with me through it all!

"Even to your old age and gray hairs I am He, I am He who will sustain you. I have made you and I will carry you; I will sustain you and I will rescue you." Isaiah 46:4

No comments:

Post a Comment