Pages

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

All Is Well


After my first cup of coffee and some extra-strength Tylenol, all is well. My mind was busy last night and therefore sleep was a bit interrupted. I know I'm not the only Mom (of a certain age) who can't sleep some nights. My favorite bear husband beside me, my dog happily dreaming, a comfy bed, but still...

Thoughts of thankfulness were spinning through my mind; my Mommy's heart procedure that was successful, a job I love, my amazing new home in the Harbor, a new job for my L.A. oldest son, three of my four kids arriving home today and tomorrow (we'll miss you Mitch and Amy!) and my wonderful husband. Oh, I forgot to mention Sydney and Tigger. They are my furry blessings.
This was a Christmas "miracle." They do NOT like to be this close on a normal day.

As I contemplated all the people and circumstances that have been happening lately, I also was replaying Christmas celebrations in years past and then there was that song...

We were lucky to go to the Michael W. Smith Christmas Concert over the weekend and one song won't stop playing in my head. When Rachel Lampa did the duet with Michael, I had goose bumps and tears. It is amazing and beautiful and I want to pass it on... not so YOU will stay awake singing it in your head, but to remind you of ALL God has done for us.

This version was sung with Carrie Underwood. Enjoy All is Well and know that thanks to Jesus,
it is!

Now it's time for me to finish all the details this "Mrs. Clause" needs to get accomplished before tomorrow. (Baking, menu planning and grocery shopping, shining the house, wrapping the last of the packages.) A few years ago I wrote a blog about how much I have in common with Mrs. Clause. You can see it here.

If you haven't found a church to attend on Christmas Eve, please consider Chapel Hill. It will become a tradition for your family too!

Here are some favorite photos from last Christmas.
 Christmas Eve before heading to Chapel Hill Service.

 Christmas Morning 2013~the traditional stair photo.

As always, thank you for reading my little blog, and from my family to yours I wish you joy, a very Merry Christmas and may you experience love's light!!

ALL IS WELL! Christ has come. Go and tell!

In His Grip,
Jane
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment