Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2017

5 Favorites

Happy Saturday! I didn't get a chance to post this yesterday because we headed up to the wonderful wine area of Woodinville to have dinner with friends. Thanks to a break in the rain, I took a sunny walk Friday morning with Sydney, and the photo above was one of the beautiful sites I got to enjoy. The views in my current town will always be my favorites! Here are five other favorites:

1. Event
This week's list of favorites begins with an invitation. If you live anywhere near Gig Harbor, Washington, you need to pop over to the Festival Of Hope, which takes place today and Sunday at Chapel Hill Church. Check out the link, and then come purchase gifts with a purpose

2. Beauty Product
It was time to buy a new mascara, and since I'd read good reviews about L'Oreal Voluminous Paradise Mascara I decided to give it a try! The cashier at Bartell's said everyone raves about it. The price was under $9 and it really is a great product. "Take your lashes to Paradise?" Yes, I did! Now, can I please take my whole self to Paradise? Maui perhaps? A girl can dream...
3. Red Blend
I've always liked "14 Hands" wines, so when I saw this new blend called "Run Wild" I had to try it. WOW. Just like the label says; Juicy and fruit-forward. Such a great affordable red wine! 

4. Country Singer
I obviously haven't been keeping my radio tuned to Country music lately, because not until I watched my recorded "Country Music Awards" show did I rediscover Maren Morris. (I love her song "80's Mercedes.") During the CMA's, Maren sang a duet with Niall Horan, who used to be with the band One Direction. (He's a cutie and talented!) Check out "I could use a Love Song" and "Seeing Blind."

5. Our Thanksgiving Traditions
I love Thanksgiving!  We I watch the Macy's parade, and we normally watch football while preparing our feast. Our family's menu: turkey, Carver stuffing/Story dressing, mashed potatoes, sweet potato casserole, cheesy green beans (not the mushroom soup recipe), rolls, cranberry relish, and pie or pumpkin bars with cream cheese. Our vegetarian daughter will whip up something delicious too. We ALWAYS listen to the "Nutcracker Suite" music while we eat, talk about what we're thankful for and looking forward to, and sip yummy Pinot Noir or Riesling wine. 

For the last twenty years, we've lived too far away from our parents and siblings to be together on Thanksgiving except once or twice. As I reflect on our time in the Harbor, I'm so thankful for good friends who have invited us over when we were in-between houses or without kiddos (thanks, Davis and MacIntosh families) and hosted our children when we were back in Illinois. (Thanks, Fullertons!) We also spent many evenings joining our former Life Group for a dessert potluck. It's such a gift to gather around the table to others!! 
How do you spend your Thanksgiving Day?



I'm looking forward to popping over to the Festival of Hope, and joining the mommies I mentor in MOPS for a girl's night in Tacoma.  I'm not looking forward to cleaning again for our Open House tomorrow, but I am HOPEFUL that our buyer will walk through the door and fall in love! Have a great weekend!

"I will give thanks to you, LORD, with all my heart; I will tell of your wonderful deeds."
Psalm 9:1

In His Grip and grateful for grace,
xo Jane



photo source:https://img.makeupalley.com/hwthumb/980/980/2_9_3_5_3196465.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment