Pages

Friday, June 16, 2017

Friends, Fathers, Some Favorites, and Faith


Happy Friday! Yes, I know it's been a couple weeks since I've written or posted. Why? Good question and I have no answer... It's not like I have school-age children with end-of-year activities and graduation for my son happened in May. I have had a lot on my mind, but thoughts wouldn't come out on the page as written words that would be at all encouraging.

My heart has been heavy the last couple of weeks. A very good college friend of my husband's passed away this month. He was one of our groomsmen in our wedding 34 years ago this week. A life cut too short. My memories of G.P. always include laughter. Greg was very talented, a friend to MANY and he always made people feel special and loved. As I grieve, I pray and trust that he came to know Jesus before he died. We aren't able to get back to Indiana next week for his service, but my prayers and love are with his wife and son that he left behind...
(The happy picture at the top was taken of G.P. and I on one of my visits home to Indianapolis.)

There are many, many things that happen on Earth that don't make sense and we won't get answers to until we get to Heaven. Until that day, I hope and pray that you and I can hang on tightly to God's promises and our faith. as we navigate the ups and downs of life.

Since Father's Day is this Sunday, I've been thinking about my incredible Daddy who passed away 24 years ago. I think of him OFTEN. I have his photo on my dresser and memories surface when I least expect them. His name was Vaughn Dube' Story and I am proud to be his youngest daughter. To any of you out there who have lost your Dads, I know and feel your pain and hope your memories bring you comfort.
I don't think they had colored photos back when I was little...

Dancing at my sister's wedding...

There is no way I can compete with the Mother's Day weekend "extravaganza" Mike spoiled me with back in May, but Sunday I'll be celebrating the amazing father of our four children. I wish the kids could be home! When I fell in love with my husband I had no clue what a fantastic partner he would be in raising our children. As each little one joined our family he adored them, put up with the crazy times and now continues to love and support each one even though they all live out on their own. He teaches, counsels, equips, coaches, encourages, points them to Jesus, helps and even acts as a financial advisor/money-lender. He's going to be an amazing Grandpoppy some day...

Mike with Baby #4
Dinner out, "back in the day."

I also want to wish my husband's father a Happy Father's Day. He is a retired Air Force Colonel who was gone serving our Country quite a bit during his four kids younger years, yet taught them how to lead, make decisions, help your neighbor, fix all the things, keep a beautiful yard and show respect. He also has passed on his talent for making great fires!

Grandpa and Baby Mitch (30 yrs. ago!)

Some current favorite things include: 
1. Snack: Nature Valley Almond Butter Granola Cups. (Pastor Megan, you got me hooked!)
2. Listening to: the Happy Hour with Jamie Ivey Podcasts while I take walks.
3. Making: Protein smoothies made with a frozen banana, almond milk, vanilla protein, spinach and peanut butter powder.

4. Wearing: My new Lula Roe leggings I purchased at the silent auction last week. SO soft and comfy!
5. This worship song: "Our Father" by Bethel Music. (In honor of Father's Day weekend.)
I love the lyrics, tune and how when the team at my church sings this I always sense the Holy Spirit. I hope it resonates with you too!

My VERY favorite was celebrating our 34th anniversary in Seattle last Sunday! We put the top down, had Dairy Queen treats on our drive up to the city, walked around a street fair, enjoyed a beer at Brouwer's Cafe and ate outside on Lake Union at Duke's Chowder House. (Our first dog's name was Duke!) The sun was shining and it was perfect. I'm thankful to be in this marriage journey with my husband. Did I also mention what a great Dad is is?!




Wishing you a Happy Weekend wherever and with whoever you'll be spending time with. I'm hoping you have met and know GOD, the OUR Father in Heaven and for all Eternity.

"How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God! And that is what we are!"  1 John 3:1

In His Grip,
xo Jane











No comments:

Post a Comment