Pages

Friday, April 28, 2017

5 Favorites For Friday


Hi! Before I begin sharing my list of this week's favorite things, I want to share a surprise I found on my computer a couple weeks ago. My #3 son had helped me add a program. (Yay! I love WORD so much better than Apple PAGES!) When I turned on my laptop the next morning I found this:

Can you read it? It says, "TJ is the best. He is my favorite son and I will always favor him! Mwhahahaha "
LOVE it! LOVE him! I have FOUR favorite children (and two favorite daughter-in-laws). I am a proud Mama because TJ will be graduating with his Masters in Family and Marriage Therapy in three weeks and he was just offered a great job!

Here are my 5 Favorites for this week:

1.Quote:
 "God views every mess as a masterpiece in the making." Read Alicia Bruxvoort's devotion in today's Proverbs 31 Ministries and you'll find out the context. God is definitely not finished with me yet!

2. Current Nail polish
This week I took OPI's Cajun Shrimp to my nail salon for my pedicure. It's described as a spicy shade of coral. (I like to take my own bottles in case the color chips and also so I know it's fresh.)

Some other classic OPI shades I like for my toes are:
Charged up cherry (a hot pink-red) and Strawberry Margarita (sip into this bright pink and enjoy!) Nail polish names are so clever and always make me smile.

For my short fingernails which I have nibbled on since I was a CHILD, I like OPI:
Mod about you (totally modern light pink) or OPI red. In the Winter I love shades of blue and gray.

My other favorite brand is Sally Hansen. Super easy to apply and lasts! My go-to color for Spring is Grape Gatsby. I get lots of compliments on it. Reminds me of Lilacs...



3 Inexpensive lip care:
The only time I've had my lips look at all like Angelina Jolie's, was when I had an allergic reaction to something I ate. Needless to say, I don't like to spend a lot on lip products.  I DO like these two items I picked up at Target, made by e.l.f. (eyes/lips/face)

e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator 
This helps if you have chapped lips. Use it before you brush your teeth, then apply balm.
It's only $3 and online it comes in different flavors. (Mine is Sweet cherry)
"Gently exfoliate lips to remove dry, chapped skin with our Lip Exfoliator! A sweet sugar and smoothing sensation, infused with Vitamin E, Shea Butter, Avocado, Grape and Jojoba Oils to nourish and protect. This Lip Exfoliator treats and smooths lips for a conditioned and revitalized feel." 

Tinted Lip Balm
This balm goes on sheer and smells great! It comes in several shades. I have "Bare Kiss" and "Berry Sweet." It's about $2. Score!
"This beautifully tinted lip balm helps create baby soft lips so you can always be kissable! Each color provides a sheer tint of coverage for a lovely and luscious lip effect. Infused with Vitamin A & E, Grape Seed Oil, and Jojoba Oil to help nourish, protect, and moisturize lips. The silky smooth formula glides on lips for lasting comfort while the minty flavor keeps lips feeling fresh."

4. Biscuit Recipe
I'm craving bread right now since I'm trying to cut back. As I was looking for a recipe for a MOPS brunch I'm attending next weekend I saw this recipe on my "breakfast page." It is for 2 ingredient biscuits. That's it! Two things; self-rising flour that Walmart sells for $2.38 and Heavy cream. Not nutritious but great, fluffy and easy! When you click on the link, music starts to play...



5. New to me children's book: 
I was unpacking a shipment of books at work the other day and I discovered a book I'd never read. I had to read it (research for customers, right?) It's called Dragons Love Tacos  
and the story and illustrations are adorable! I might have to get it for my friend who ALWAYS has me over for Taco Tuesdays or for my TJ who LOVES tacos and dragons! Maybe a graduation gift?!...







I am off to our women's retreat tonight and tomorrow. Spending time with my sisters in Christ is always a favorite!

What are your weekend plans?

Grateful for Grace and In His Grip,
xo Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment