Pages

Friday, June 17, 2016

A Week of Emotions



Last Saturday my hubby and I celebrated our 33rd wedding anniversary. Thanks to a groupon, we stuffed ourselves with fondue at The Melting Pot, then we popped next door to El Gaucho for an after-dinner cocktail. It was such a fun, happy night! We are so thankful God brought us together and has helped us stay together through the good and the hard times...

I ordered my favorite swanky drink, a Sidecar and it was the best one I've ever had! Be warned; this yummy concoction at El Gaucho is quite pricey~$15, and pretty potent.
 (I wasn't driving.)

The bartender wrote down the recipe for me in case I ever have all the ingredients at home to concoct one of my own.


It wasn't until we were in church the next day that I heard about the horrible shootings at the Orlando nightclub.  My heart breaks for all the Mamas and family members who are mourning. On Wednesday I was celebrating the grand re-opening of the Flagship Cutters Point Coffee Co. with a girlfriend, when she mentioned the death of a toddler in Disney World. I can't even fathom the pain and disbelief the parents must be feeling. So much sadness... 

As we all wrestle with the evil and unexpected events that have occurred in our broken world, I want to share two things that have ministered to me:

I love this new praise song: Thy WillI've always loved the country group "Lady Antebellum." The female member of the group, Hillary Scott, is now also writing and singing praise songs with her parents and sister. I think you'll agree that "Thy Will" is beautiful and the lyrics stick in your head (in a good way!)
"I know you hear me
I know you see me Lord
Your plans are for me
Goodness you have in store.
THY WILL BE DONE"


I appreciated this hope-filled response to the nightclub tragedy in Orlando:
Kristen Welch writes a blog called "We Are That Family" and she did a beautiful job in this letter to her kids. It's for all of us! 

Jesus is our only hope!



Let your family and friends know how much you love them, extend grace and kindness to all and have a safe weekend.

In His Grip,
Jane


Photo sources:
:amcor-usa.com

No comments:

Post a Comment