Pages

Thursday, May 26, 2016

Love "Sick"

It’s a bit of a pattern... My body reacts to stress. Here are some examples:

First High School crush? I broke out in hives. 

Years ago when I was in college, my busy days of attempting to balance studies with Chi Omega Sorority life? I ended up with Mono and had to come home for a month causing me to graduate in August instead of May.

Fast forward to the time I coordinated our women’s retreat. I developed walking Pneumonia that lasted most of that fall.

In 2010 we were getting our house ready to sell and relocate to a suburb of Chicago. I thought I was dealing with the stress...my tummy had other ideas. I suddenly had severe on-going pain and many tests were run to try to determine why it hurt and why I couldn’t eat hardly anything. Perhaps counseling was what I needed, not hospital tests! On the upside, I did lose 15 pounds. Unfortunately, they’ve returned...

I haven’t had a cold or been sick for almost two years. I’ve taken my vitamins and washed my hands and wiped down my grocery cart handles. I clean my house with antibacterial products, let in fresh air, and get moderate exercise. But alas, I find myself with a mean bug this week; headache, sore throat, stuffy nose, and hacking cough. The last two days I’ve been snuggled on my bed or on the couch with hot tea; reading or catching up on recorded shows.

Did I literally get this “bug” from my youngest daughter over the weekend, or did my body finally realize that I have just launched my last child into adulthood?

Four children... All grown up and out on their own with college diplomas...Even though we’ve been empty-nesters now for four years, we came home Monday after the graduation weekend realizing that our kids will never live under our roof again. 

"But Mary treasured up all these things and pondered them in her heart." Luke 2:19

Another transition... 

Did you know it’s possible to feel proud and filled with joy and yet also a bit sad all at the same time?

In His Grip,
Jane





No comments:

Post a Comment