Pages

Friday, March 4, 2016

5 Favorites on Friday

Happy Weekend Friends!   I am snuggled on the couch with a fire and my doggie watching a "guilty pleasure" show which shall remain unnamed while my frozen pizza bakes. 

Here are 5 of my favorite things:

Main & Vine: Our town recently got the Kroger flagship store called Main & Vine. It's a health food market. It features a coffee shop that serves beer and wine. It's become quite the popular spot to meet for lunch. I like their fresh displays, $5 Sushi Tuesdays, frozen fast meals to go, samples with recipes, decor, salads, and more! Have you been yet? It's a bit like if Whole Foods and Trader Joe's married and had a baby... Their tag line: "This is Main & Vine…where eating healthy is a way of life."

Scandaleyes gel eyeliner: Although I'll spend a bit more for certain cosmetics, when it comes to eyeliner I like it cheap. I've tried Elf brand and this time I bought the one from Rimmel London. I like using a little brush so much better than a pencil which can hurt and is harder to get smooth and even. I use brown for everyday and black for nighttime. 

My new slip-on sneakers: I've admired the shoes on a blogger I follow ( The Middle Page) and I clicked on a link she had. Yay! Loft had a sale on the Leapard print slip-on sneaks and even though it was a final sale (aka can't be returned) I placed my order and am happy to say they're fit and are comfy! I love great deals that work out!

Good customer service: Thank you Stitch Fix for offering to pay my next styling fee when you discovered how underwhelmed I was with my shipment. Thank you Peace Water Winery for shipping us a special bottle of wine since they accidentally forgot to fill our winter order. As a sales person at Charlie Barnes who always tries to give good customer service, I appreciate companies that give it too!

This song: Francesca Battistelli's song, If We're Honest is one I love listening to. Why do we try to keep our hurts or depression to ourselves instead of just being real? 

"Let us then approach God's throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

Have a good weekend! I am counting down the minutes until I get to escape the rain and head south for a holiday in Scottsdale, Arizona with my hubby.

In His Grip, 
Jane

I am SO not regular in my blogging...thank you for putting up with me!


No comments:

Post a Comment