Pages

Friday, January 16, 2015

Do You Have Prayer Triggers?

Do you have prayer triggers? Things that you hear or see that immediately send your mind and heart into prayer-mode? This week my "prayer life" has been extra busy. My new kitchen calendar was bought at Anthropologie because I liked the travel-themed pictures. Paris is featured this month. Who knew that Paris in January would become the scene not of "all things chic" but instead the scene of a horrific terrorist attack. Now when I glance at my calendar my mind instantly prays for the victim's families and that love would win over evil.

While I was at work I realized that every time I hear the chair upstairs in the hair salon above Charlie Barnes roll across the floor, my mind zooms to my sweet friend Beth. This Mama friend of mine is currently spending most of her time right now in L.A. with her son who has been in the hospital for quite some time. She is one of the most amazing, Godly women I know. She also gets her hair done upstairs when she comes home to the Harbor. See the connection? I hear the activity in the salon, thus I think and pray for the Moss family.

I have a friend from church who obeyed God's call on her life and she's currently teaching preschool in Swaziland, Africa. You can follow her adventures here on facebook or follow her blog. One of the things she misses about being far away from home is her favorite Starbucks coffee. Now each time I see a Starbucks sign or cup I think and pray for Tiersa. Maybe now you will too?...


I have lots of prayers I'm not mentioning, but I do keep a running list on the Notes app of my phone and computer. I've organized them by topics and groups; praise, world, healing, family, friends, church, work, needs I become aware of, etc. I want to be intentional in bringing my prayers to God.

My puppy dog decided she would like to share some things she's learning. Here is the first installment of:
 "SCRIPTURE WITH SYDNEY."

"The Kingdom of Heaven is like a mustard seed planted in a field. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of garden plants and grows into a tree where birds can find shelter in its branches." Matthew 13:31-32 NLT

I am on meds but apparently I am still allergic to fleas. One flea bite, just one... jumped off Tigger, before they took him to the groomer, and it caused a huge disruption in my quality of life. My pet parents are upset that I've been biting, scratching and keeping them awake at night. They even kicked me out of their bedroom last night!

"I want to do what is good, but I don't. I don't want to do what is wrong, but I do it anyway." Romans 7:9

Case in point. I don't WANT to chew myself raw and be forced once again to wear my Cone-of-shame, but here I go again! I suppose it's for my own good and because they love me... Until next time, Sydney.



Can I, little old me Jane, make a BIG difference in the quality of life for those around me? Can I be as tenacious as a flea (without being annoying?)

How about you, do you have things that trigger prayers or scripture verses?

In His Grip, 
Jane                  Thanks for reading "See Jane Learn!"

No comments:

Post a Comment