Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Mysteries to Solve


Unlike my Mom, I have never been a huge fan of the mystery genre’ in books or movies, so I’m not very good at solving them. Story problems/math problem solving questions were probably my least favorite thing in school. 

We’re in the midst of some puzzling medical mysteries here on the corner and I want some answers.

#1. Why isn't my fat cat Tigger eating? He loves food and has an aversion to dieting. He’s thrown up a few times including some hairballs (lovely) and hasn't eaten canned or kibble for two days.  Granted, he is a senior citizen; he’s  13 which is about 72 in human years, but I don’t want to think about failing health.  I think it’s time to call the vet…

#2. Why does my rescue dog Sydney have such a very sensitive tummy, and why did I give her a green dental bone when I left the house for the second time yesterday? Not to gross you all out but we’re talking major diarrhea on our walk. This morning she’s not even eating the rice I made her…

#3. Why do I wake up every day with a headache?  I am a bit of a puzzle for my doctor. Thankfully my physician is a  bit like “Dr. House” and thrives on a good medical mystery. She’s trying to determine if my on-going headaches are caused by sinus pressure or my stupid jaw/T.M.J.  I now have a plan to try (I won’t list it all but suffice it to say it’s looking like a pharmacy around here!)  After trying to solve the sinus thing we’ll move on to focusing on the tense jaw. I’m also supposed to keep a “headache journal”.  I’m not even good about keeping a journal for God unless this blog can count so wish me luck!

“In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses according to the riches of his grace, which he lavished upon us, in all wisdom and insight making known to us the mystery of his will, according to his purpose, which he set forth in Christ as a plan for the fullness of time, to unite all things in him, things in heaven and on earth.” Ephesians 1:7-10

Lessons Learned:
If plan A doesn't work than it’s on to plan B. I’ll be checking back in with my doctor next week. In the meantime, rather than spending any more energy trying to figure out my pets or my head, I think I’ll focus on the condition of my heart.

I also recommend not accepting an invitation to hang out with girlfriends across town on an evening when your doggy has lower intestinal issues-I came home to two accidents on our white area rug!!!
Do you have any mysteries to solve at your house?

In His Grip, Jane

source: scavenger hunt - public domain clip art image @ wpclipart.com



No comments:

Post a Comment